Resources for Contractors
Front Yard Initiative Resources
- Contractor’s Guide to FYI
- A Client’s Guide to Working with Contractors
- Green Sector Directory Application
- Louisiana Growers: email@example.com | (985) 747-0510
Louisiana Growers is a wholesale nursery farm specializing in plants native to the inland Gulf South. *Sells to Landscape Architects and Landscape Horticulturists only.
- Native Plant Initiative: Affiliate of the Louisiana Native Plant Society.
- Local Nurseries recommended by LSU AgCenter:
- Double M Feed Garden & Pet – 8400 Jefferson Hwy, Harahan, LA 70123
- Barber Laboratories – 6444 Jefferson Hwy, Harahan, LA 70123
- Charvet’s Garden Center Inc – 4511 Clearview Pkwy, Metairie, LA 70006
- Rose Garden Center – 4005 Westbank Expy, Marrero, LA 70072
- OPTIONS, Inc, 19362 W Shelton Rd, Hammond, LA 70401
- SELNA Plant Locator: Southeast Louisiana Nursery Association guide to finding nurseries in the region.
- Louisiana Recommended plants: Commercially available native plant species suitable for planned landscapes in Louisiana, from Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- Pavers Cost Installation Price Guide: A comprehensive price guide to give you a better idea of the different costs that go into a paver installation.
- National Tree Benefit Calculator: Shows the dollar impact of planting trees and breaks down stormwater benefits, home value benefits, energy, and more. Could be great to show homeowners when explaining designs.
- National Green Infrastructure Certification Program (NGICP): 6 week program that trains individuals to build, inspect, and maintain green infrastructure. Taught by Dana Brown of Dana Brown & Associates.
- Greater New Orleans Water Collaborative Resources: Local, regional and national resources to help you practice smart water management.
- Book by Dana Brown: Using Plants for Stormwater Management: A Green Infrastructure Guide for the Gulf South
- PennState Online Courses: Videos, articles, online courses on a variety of topics
- CZO Article 23